Friday, November 21, 2008

Provoking Positivity?

Hi Everybody!

Like I said in my last post I am indebted to Steve Pavlina for giving me this idea as a business model. The overall theme for Steve's blog is personal development for smart people. That got me thinking “okay what do I want the overall theme of my blog to be”.

There is no question I want to spread positivity throughout the world with my words, but that does not 100% encapsulate everything I have to say. I have a lot of thoughts floating around in my head that I want to share with the world. Sometimes they are odd sometimes they're quirky and sometimes they're just plain weird, but every once in awhile I am blessed with a thought that is profound. I also want this to be a forum to share those kinds of ideas. The phrase thought provoking popped into my head. But then I put on the brakes in my head. I thought is that the best idea? Doesn't provoke and provoking have negative connotations?

So I decided to go to the good old Google web definitions gadget and here is what I found.

Provoking- agitative: causing or tending to cause anger or resentment; "a provoking delay at the airport"

I am not in the business of agitating people. When it all comes down to it I want to bless people's lives; I want to enrich people’s lives. I believe the idea to promote something or promoting is a much more appropriate verb.

Promote: contribute to the progress or growth of; "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom"

That is exactly what I'm looking for! I want to contribute to and help grow peoples’ beliefs in themselves and others. For now I cannot come up with any more perfect theme for our blog then promoting positivity. Let’s help grow the good things in life and see what we can accomplish together.

You might've noticed that in the last couple sentences I used words like we and our. I meant that; there was no mistake. Even though this blog has my name at the top if you take the time to read this you are now part of my online family. We can do more together spreading good throughout the world than I ever could do by myself.

I have a great biological family, an amazing extended family that includes all my wonderful friends, but now I also have a new brotherhood of an online family. We can make positive strides in this world each and everyday through our conscious thoughts and actions.

Please feel free to contact me through the blog or at my e-mail address chris.rathje@gmail.com

I want to hear from you because for lack of a better term I want this to be a reader centric blog. If you take the time to read one of my entries I want you to feel like it was worth your time. I want to know what you like and what you dislike because I strive to produce entries you like and entries that uplift you. My ultimate goal would be to write such high quality entries you would pass them along to a friend therefore more people can promote positivity!

I strive to be accountable to you the reader. I want to always focus on the positive and if you ever feel that I falter in this goal please let me know. I envision sharing a frustrating story or a negative experience but there will always be a point to it. I will try my absolute best to always finish every entry on a high note.

I came across this word more than a year ago engender. The google web definitions gadget simple definition is call forth. I've also known it to mean to make the conditions right to create. This would seem appropriate to me since there are some biblical uses for giving birth or creating the conditions for birth. Whatever definition you want to put on engender I think it is beautiful word so let's go out there and engender some positivity while minimizing negativity. In future posts I will talk more about the tactics to make this happen.

Thanks for reading! I hope everyone has a blessed day!
Chris

No comments: