Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Brain Poppings Test Run

Hey Everybody! I wrote pretty much the whole day today through a combination of emails, USQRA work, and a targeted piece that won’t be on the blog and many random sentences here and there.

I really wanted to share something with everyone, but a regular piece just wasn’t going to happen. Some days I start lists of ideas. Sometimes they are useful sometimes they are not, I thought why not share them with my readers and see what they think.

The late great George Carlin had sections in his books entitled brain droppings. They took on a very similar format, but I don’t like to think of my wonderful gifts from the universe as waste, so I changed the title up. The first half is thoughts I have been pondering or ideas that just popped into my head. The second half is quotes that have caught my attention recently.

Brain Poppings March 7-March 9

The most any person can do is speak and act on his or her truth. We would be able to accomplish so much more in this world if we just embrace what really is rather then guessing what the right answer is. The truth is always the right answer.

I read in a recent Joel & Victoria Osteen electronic devotional that said a new study concluded the average young child laughs 200 times a day. The average adult only laughs 4 times a day.

- Sign me up for preschool for the rest of my life. :) I challenge us to raise the average today and everyday. Decide to laugh 5 or more times today.

- Why is it considered mature and cool to keep joy inside while people outwardly complain about the Mun-days and how tired or sick they are as an acceptable convention of society?

Call me a geek if you want, but I’m happy and I know it. (Clap. Clap.)

You have a lot more time to observe the landscape while pushing up a hill when compared to pushing on flat ground.

You always control your mind. Don’t waste any energy wondering “what if”. Know you will be successful.

“It is always about the number of times of you get up; it’s never about the number of times you fall down.” -Modification of famous multicultural proverb.

Love BIG goals and embrace them. They will make you better even if you don't reach them exactly.

Outside forces are never the challenge. Being your best is the ultimate challenge and we can do it when we set our minds right.

Before we can eat a great meal, we must set the table. Enjoy setting the table and be thankful for your hunger being satisfied before you get to eat.

“I’ve got a plan, I gonna find out just how boring I am and have a good time.”

-John Mayer New Deep (One of my favorite songs of all time.)
I interpret this to mean don’t worry about being cool; just be happy.

“You can turn off the sun, I’m still gonna shine” -Jason Mraz The Remedy

“It’s takes a hole to make a mountain.” -Jason Mraz Life is Wonderful

“To be a prisoner of something means to always be attached to it. Be a prisoner of hope.”
Joel Osteen

“There comes a time in everyone’s life when all you can see are the years passing by and I have made up my mind that those days are gone.”-Rascal Flatts I’m Movin’ On

“I can’t sleep, I’m dreaming way too loud.” -Eli Young Band So Close Now

“You do know that any time you decide you want to be different you can just start, right?” - John Mayer via Twitter March 1st 2009

I hope you enjoyed this experiment. I would like to do this more often because I feel sometimes having the nuggets of inspiration without any further details could be most helpful. Please let me know yeah or nay.

Thank you so much for the continued support! Thanks for reading
Chris

No comments: