Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Power of Openness and Belief

When I came to the conclusion that the possibility that I had lost function was very real, there was 36-48 hours I was feeling sorry for myself. I am no saint smiley pants. I’m just a human being that realized love and acceptance is a more fun journey then fear and secrets.

I have lied to myself since October about what a real possibility function loss is. I was scared to tell my own team because they might see it as a CP guy who was just complaining. “What does he know anyways he’s not a real quad.”

The combination of my discomfort and my massage therapist Linda forcing me to face facts, but you know what happened when I shared the truth with the world, the road to recovery began. My neighbor Kelly who is a part time athletic trainer at Lakeshore stopped by and showed me some new stretches for my hands. The first stretches hurt in a bad way, but the second stretches made my hands feel a little better. As I continue to work on my computer I feel little jolts of energy and warmth on the left side of my back. I have no rational explanation for this. I would like to think it is others well wishes. Some might call it prayers.

When it comes to religion I interchange phrases. God, the universe, positive energy is all the same thing to me. I don’t worry about labels. Just believe in the power of good things because if enough good things happen it turns into a great thing. If enough great things happen society changes, if enough societies change the world change.

Things happen to us, but things don’t control us.

The blessings just keep adding up for me.

Thank you for your prayers
Chris

No comments: