Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hug It Out

I am starting to write this at 12:30 AM. Unlike most of my owl like writing activities I want to go to sleep, but I won’t be ready until I have written and posted something.

I hit a wall big time last week. Hurt my back after a missed transfer and literally made myself sick from worry about the book. I have the sunshine of the universe and a big happy God on my side, but they don’t always eradicate gremlins that might lurk somewhere deep inside.

So many of my issues have been dealt with in the last few years, but nobody is perfect. Long time worries, fears and negative beliefs create unwelcome visitors in our brains. They can take on any image you wish, but I was taught about thinking of them as goats or gremlins.

In many societies around the globe we are taught to fight or run away from our problems, but the key is to hug our problems. Accept that goat as part of you, love it and someday soon it will just go away. If the problem is in the dark ask for light and surround it with the purity that is given to everyone.

We can overcome anything if we set our minds right. It might not happen when we want, but the concept of time is overrated. No need to hurry to worry. Have the courage and conviction to see past the 3D world and know that our dreams will come true if we keep faith and take the actions to make them happen.

At 27 I feel so immature and simultaneously mature for my age, but whose norms am I subscribing to on this topic anyways?

I honestly feel like a four year old at times because of the way I get shear joy out of the simplest things and I have no problem sharing it with anyone that will listen.

This proud part time preschooler is starting to learn the power of hugs. A four year old will enthusiastically hug anyone. Could we take a lesson from this?

Think of a world where we can accept everyone and anything inside of us. Utopia is not the goal, but growth is. Love is the key, one hug at a time.

Thanks for reading
Chris

No comments: