Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday The 13th: The Luckiest Day of the Year?

I am not writing this piece because something remarkable happened to me yesterday. In fact, I had a rather typical day. Yesterday I did not encounter any black cats, broken mirrors or unexpected cracks in the sidewalk. I sincerely dislike the idea of Friday the 13th because it is a holiday based in superstition, which really boils down to being afraid to break some arbitrary rules.

As part of my belief that we can all recalibrate our brains for the better I ask that you never celebrate fear, eliminate instead.

One way to eliminate fear is to laugh in its face. If you look at the superstitions with fun and joy, then I say go after the celebration of Friday the 13th with full blast!

In full disclosure this kind of celebration does not come easy to me. I would not enjoy joking around about superstitions, but this goes along with the beauty of life. Everyone is there own radio station or beautiful color of paint. What works for you does not have to work for me. As long as we celebrate life each and everyday that is all that matters.

I am sure there are many people out there who think Friday the 13th is the luckiest day on the calendar even though conventional wisdom denies them that belief. The beautiful thing is we all have the ability to set the tone for Friday the 13th or any other day on the calendar.

Please remember you are the only person that controls your thoughts. Completely ignore society if it does not match your dreams. We can make the most out of each and every day because it is truly a present. If we all stay vigilant with our thoughts and follow our guts we never have to experience a negative circumstance again.

This does not mean we will always have things go exactly our way in the conventional sense; however it does mean that we can choose to not label things that happen to us as negative or bad. We can wash out negative thoughts like unlucky Friday the 13th and just go about our daily lives as we come one step closer to our extraordinary dreams.

Who knows? By the next time Friday the 13th comes up on our calendars we will have built up so much positive momentum and good fortunate we can all call Friday the 13th the luckiest day of the year.

Thanks for reading
Chris

No comments: