Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Humble Questions

I have recently learned that in order to find answers to my questions I have to ask the questions to others and not just ponder them in my own head.

As a person who is not geographically connected to so many people I care about I frequent facebook. I am honestly fascinated when I read someone’s facebook status that says they are bored. This is because I get lonely or confused, but never bored. My mind is always full of thoughts and activities.

I just couldn’t get into a good flow for writing yesterday so this resulted in four ideas for writing topics as layovers from yesterday. By midday today two more ideas to write about had popped into my head and I’m not even including the idea I’m writing about.

This is such a blessing, but how do I calm my mind down so I can finish the book? I think asking is a good start, but I still have another problem. How do I write a book which is a linear object when all I see is circles in how everything is connected?

I am considering a choose your own adventure like format where people can decide his or her own journey through my thoughts. A fun thought for the day.

Here’s something to chew on for today. There are no hard and fast rules to life. Do what feels right to you and don’t worry about what “they say”. Go after your deepest dreams. Even if they seem impossible today, head in the right direction and who knows what all your tomorrows will hold?

For practicality and clearness of communication I will probably finish writing my book in a linear fashion, but isn’t it fun to ask questions? We can do it about anything at anytime! :)

Thanks for reading
Chris

No comments: