Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not in the Flow?

I have so many topics on my list of things I want to write about today, but the words just are not coming to me. Some might blame the prevailing grey skies that are looming over me. Some might call today “gloomy” or “bad”, but I am starting to learn not to label things. This is especially true when using such simple polarizing language like good or bad. Just how so few occurrences in life are black and white so few things are good or bad.

Even out of the worst situations imaginable like 9/11 or the Holocaust so much learning and love was born from the horrible suffering that millions had to encounter. The positive always wins out no matter what the situation. It accomplishes little to worry or complain about the present.

Take action towards the future you want to create today! Even if you can’t see any possible action you could do today, plan for the future. Write down what you want to accomplish in the future and write it in a way like you already accomplished it. It is one of those tricky things in the universe; believe your dreams before they happen, but be willing to let them go if they don’t come true.

I always try to keep the Garth Brooks lyric in mind. “Some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.” Set goals today even if it feels gloomy. Because even if things don’t work out how you had them planned in your mind’s eye, you are still moving towards greener pastures.

Yesterday I had about twenty minutes to write two emails. Both emails were pretty straightforward, but I just slowly meandered into writing the first one and it took about fifteen minutes. The next email, even though it was of the same complexity level it only took me five minutes and I didn’t cut any corners. I created the goal with my mind and my actions followed through without even paying too much attention to the clock. This is a simple example, but when we can master how to take a step a long journey just became more managable.

So I ask again am I in the flow? I wanted to write and I did write; just not what I had planned for this morning. It is a good reminder to be thankful for God’s gifts even if it’s not exactly what you had ordered up.

Conventional wisdom says a great day is 72 and sunny, but without the base of a gray rainy day how could we ever have rainbows?

Thanks for reading
Chris

No comments: