Thursday, February 12, 2009

Go Pink Moped Go!

I was getting into my car on Tuesday night when what did I see?  (Can you guess from my ever so clever title?) :)  A pink moped cruising down Highway 31.

This was during rush hour traffic and if the pink moped was capable of staying at the same speed of its four-wheel counterparts it was not showing off that ability.  I could tell by the driving patterns of several other automobiles near the moped that they were annoyed, but that didn’t matter.  

The pink moped was just safely chugging along to its countless possible final destinations for that evening.

I really enjoyed the sight of the pink moped because it reminded me of how I feel sometimes and it also taught me a valuable lesson.

 There are times when I sense that some people think that I am corny or cheesy and I don’t fit into the normal traffic patterns of life.  It has taken me a long time to get here, but I are certain I am being genuine and true to myself and its okay to be the pink moped on occasion or everyday if that fits you and your dreams best. 

The last three plus years since I left Northwestern has been the farthest thing from typical I can imagine.  I now realize though that this unique detour has reconnected me to a path of some of my earliest dreams that I never even meant to pursue after my childhood.  Measurements like speed and age are all relative. 

Don’t worry if your current position in life doesn’t fit with others’ traffic patterns.  Do your own thing. Be the pink moped with pride!  Follow your dreams, work hard and be good to others and the ultimate traffic cop will look after you.  

Let the other cars honk as they speed past you on the short term, but a moped is just like a tortoise.  Slow and steady does win the race!  Let others honk their horns in disgust and zoom past you.  Don’t worry about what the SUVs and sports cars are doing.  The only gas mileage you need to worry about is your own.  I can promise you mopeds are fuel efficient, you have so much gas left in your tank you can go anywhere you want to with fuel to spare for places you haven’t even dreamed of yet!

Thanks for reading!

Chris

No comments: