Monday, April 20, 2009

Being Uncool, Can Be The Coolest

I am just testing out a theory in this piece and am open to input from the outside world to test my hypothesis.

I heard somewhere in the last seven to ten days that trying too hard to be smart can be stupid. I definitely agree with that statement. In my younger days I was insecure and would occasionally use words I didn’t fully understand.

I am still a very flawed man, but I know every word that I use in my writing. There is nothing wrong with using simple straightforward language and occasionally using a more advanced word for emphasis or to capture a complex situation.

I strive to find the good in everybody, but I struggle to recognize the good in people who act like they are so much better then the vast majority of humanity. I humbly ask if someone constantly acts like they are better then everyone else; aren’t they actually showing that they are worse?

We are all in this together and we are all God’s children. I have found that when someone is trying too hard to be this or that they are actually being the opposite.

I know people mock my enthusiasm, but I can’t hide the joy I get from my life. For many years I hid who I really was because I was afraid of the criticism. People openly would compliment me for holding back my cheering or “playing it cool”.

I know I am a big fat dork and sometimes I act like a four year old on Christmas morning, but that is who I really am! I know I am uncool and for the first time in my life I’m not ashamed to say it. Uncool is the coolest version of me that I can be.

Please don’t be afraid to be who you really are or who you want to be!

Anything is possible!

Thanks for reading
Chris
chris.rathje@gmail.com

No comments: