Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fight Sin & Win! (An Easter Message)

This piece is dedicated to Pastor Marty of Peace Lutheran Church in Lombard, Illinois.

 I have disliked church most of my life because of the crowds of people and loud music is just a lot for my damaged central nervous system to take in, but I’ve always had faith.

 I was telling my parents just this morning I wish I could hear Pastor Marty’s sermons without having to deal with everything else.

 I was on edge through the music while everyone stood up and people surrounded me, but it was worth it because I got to listen to Pastor Marty’s sermon.

 Pastor Marty eloquently discussed different kinds of sin.  There is sin you accept and there is sin you fight.  He encouraged us all to fight more sin then we ever have before.  He told us that if we choose to fight more sin then ever before the hardest year of our lives lay ahead.

 I KNOW he is right because this past year I have fought harder against sin then ever before.

 When I talk about sin for this piece I would like to use the original meaning without religious connotation so people of all faiths can be united in this journey.

 Sin in its original form literally translates to miss the mark.

 I missed the mark when I was younger because I hated myself and was so sad.  I missed the mark as a young adult because I accepted the sub standard roads of what I “should” do.

 I do what I want to do now by the grace of God and the joy that the universe plants in my heart.  I love everybody and everything because that is what God wants.  I sin everyday because of fear and other emotions, but I own it and bring it out in the light.  I still have fear I just refuse to hide it anymore.

 I am a sinner and a screwup, but God still looks out for me!  I promise you no matter what, he is looking out for you today and everyday.

 The sin of yesterday does not matter.  God will release you from past mistakes today or any day when you accept the love of the universe.

 I have a lot of faith today and know it is here to stay.   Anyone can say they have faith in good times, but it takes conviction to have faith in lesser times.

 I am blessed because all of my necessities are taken care of, but find myself bare because the desire cupboard is so empty .

 I have less money then ever, the loneliness of my heart continues to build everyday and my sports career stays stagnant due to many factors, which I have little control over, but I still KNOW I am BLESSED!

 I know God and I have the same destination in mind because he is the one who wrote the directions in my heart.  I don’t understand his unseen barriers and detours or his timing.

 That is not my concern!  God will take care of me today and everyday.  The only thing I focus on is giving my best everyday.  I promise that all God wants is for us to give our best and try to raise the bar a little higher each day!

 Happy Easter Everyone!  God Bless and as always thanks for reading!

Chris

1 comment:

Mary McManus said...

Rick Osborne on Twitter, a minister said that if you pray for something, know that God's delivery service and timing are always perfect. Your blog post reminds me of that quote but isn't it so hard sometimes to release and just know and trust that God has a magnificent plan for each of us. You are such a beautiful Spirit and I love the image of God writing directions in your heart. Here's to rebirth, renewal, joy, and love which are so abundant in your heart. Happy Easter Chris - we're all in this together. Chris - I just had a thought - have you talked with Rick Hoyt? Do you know about Rick Hoyt I guess is more to the point. I met him in Hyannis and God just spoke to me and suggested that you two connect - my email address is mary@newworldgreetings.com. Let's talk there. I have a feeling that great things are about to happen for you.