Thursday, January 15, 2009

Party Clean Up


Thanks to everyone who attended my virtual birthday party yesterday. The beautiful thing about the Internet is even if you couldn't attend yesterday, you can still do it today.

First things first I'm sure plenty of you are wondering about the photo. A few weeks ago my dad sent me that photo and dared me to somehow incorporate it in my blog.

Even though some have said I am too deep for my own good this picture is proof I don't take myself too seriously. I think it is very healthy to be able to bust out the inner four year old on occasion. The last kid waving her arms up and down on the video yesterday inspired me to bust out the photo.

I had wanted to share with you my dream from yesterday, but I just couldn't figure out a way. So I guess when we're cleaning up the party is as good a time as any.

The last thing I saw on TV before I went to sleep was a piece on CNN about this great kid’s choir in Atlanta that is being invited to President-elect Obama’s inauguration. They were animated and extremely entertaining.

As I drifted off into dream world, these wonderful kids were practicing being led by a man in a suit who used cup crutches to get around. When the practice was over the leader joyfully walked home dancing and singing while he did it. What made this such an odd dream was he was walking home by using a major highway in which he was going the wrong direction. Somehow he was fine and happy even though cars were coming at him with incredible speed.

I just thought this dream was such an incredible metaphor. I think if we do the right things in life we are always being protected, but we don't always see it. He was so full of joy that the craziest of circumstances could not harm him.

The essence of life to me is to follow your dreams, work hard to make them happen and help out our fellow man. I strongly believe if we take care of those things we are constantly being protected down our path. This has been a gradual process over the last couple years, but I try extremely hard to label things as little as possible. A “bad” experience last month can be the catalyst for an experience beyond your wildest dreams next month.

As my party cleaning is wrapping up I would like to make everyone aware that my wonderful friend Benjamin Reece has directed a new fifty people one question starring the people of London. The question he asks in the London and Brooklyn video is beautifully simple and thought-provoking at the same time.

My answer would be: Right where I am and so many other places all at the same time. In order to know the question you should check out the video at fiftypeopleonequestion.com

I hope you enjoyed the party because I sure did!
Chris

1 comment:

Angel said...

Thank you for posting a link to our new project! We really appreciate your response to our question. We will bring this project to many cities, so please continue supporting our project!


http://crushlovely.com/