Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Thin Line

It seems that in the last few days I have had many people come up to me or write me and tell me how inspirational I was. I know I push the optimism button like nobody’s business, but I just want to make sure that everybody knows I’m human too. I get frustrated and sometimes my thoughts are less than happy.

I was just commenting a few days ago how I don’t think I’ve really accomplished one thing I set out to do in the last three years except for moving to Alabama. Everything else I have failed at. I never gave up on any of my dreams and I’m pushing forward on the path, but sometimes the path can be treacherous, confusing and tiring.

I think there can be a very thin line between optimism, realism and pessimism. I would love to be able to tell you I never cross over in P Land, but that would be a lie and I don’t do that. Believe it or not I try to be realistic as little as possible. I want to do what’s in my heart, end of story and I know I can create positive outcomes with my mind and soul when the logical world tells me that is not the case.However there are times when I look at the feedback the universe is giving me and I realize steps towards my dreams aren’t happening. Sometimes I’ve been after things for so long I don’t even remember what Plan A, Plan B or Plan C even look like and with Plan X being up in the air and feeling even more unsure about plan Y I try to analyze what’s going wrong and before you know it I find myself lost in the creepy neighborhood of pessimism.

I’m not really sure what I’m saying here. Maybe I don’t have a full fleshed out point. However I’m starting to believe analysis is only useful to a point, then its time to go do something. And even if you are in pain, confused or sick of naysayers the white puffy clouds of optimism are still the best side of the line.

Thanks for reading
Chris

No comments: