Sunday, December 28, 2008

Far From Sparta

Today I had the opportunity to see the movie Doubt. Meryl Streep's character was  very compelling to me. There were many times throughout the movie she showed great strength. 

My favorite line in the entire movie was something to the effect "In ancient Sparta whomever spoke the loudest won the argument, luckily we are nowhere near Sparta." The character delivered this line in a very calm and cool manner. Regardless of what other people were doing there was no question she was under control.

This quote excites me because it reminds me of my mission that peace, love and thought will always win out. We might live in a media age where the provocative sound bite is currency  on some airways, but we also have the great privilege to live in a time where we have forums of publicly controlled discourse of the highest level and we control certain segments of the media in a way never before seen on this planet.

Always believe in  calmness of argument, peace during disagreement and love for your fellow man because it will win out and allow us to all reach our dreams sooner!

Thanks for reading
Chris

No comments: