Monday, December 22, 2008

From The Mouth of A D-O Double G!

 It is time for me to tell everyone about another one of my favorite quotes. I've told you about previous quotes from a Buddhist monk and a global icon like Oprah Winfrey but now I must tell you about a slightly less conventional piece of wisdom.

One lesson I have definitely learned is not to worry about where a pearl of wisdom comes from.   If something speaks to you go with your gut and use that knowledge in your everyday life when applicable. I was watching Late Night with Conan O'Brien a few years back when he had Snoop Dogg on as one of his guests.   I've always admired Snoop for his confident, calm demeanor. I know a wise soul rests within him but when he smoothly delivered these words I realized we were on a more similar frequency than I could have ever imagined.

 In the wonderful conversation  that flowed between funny man and rapper Snoop  just released  this piece of wisdom out into the world. "Don't put limits on your life.  Dream big  and you might never wake up!"   I was so taken aback by this phrase I found myself taping the episode when it repeated  so the phrase would stay with me.

This is what I take it to mean.  Life does not and should not have to be something we dread or worry about.  Follow  your dreams and go after them with full intensity.   If  your dreams are big enough and you work hard enough they will have a way of taking over your life.

As a former restless sleeper and prisoner of self doubt I promise you can and will overcome your thoughts of limitation and scarcity.  If it is the negative feedback of someone else playing back in your head please turn that radio station off and find music that will accompany you better through your journey down dream road.

If you are so full of happiness your life will soon seem like a dream.  Please do not misinterpret me, negative things and disappointments might still come up at times but the good times will outweigh them so much  the little noises or irritations  will not interrupt us from the slumber of our deepest dreams!

Thanks for reading.   Sleep tight!
Chris

No comments: