Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Ultimate Gift

After watching The Secret On DVD a few months ago I was very impressed by a man named  Christian D. Larson. I did a little research and was able to find his creed.  It is some of the wisest words I have ever read and I thought it would make an excellent holiday present of sorts.  With a new mindset using this as a base I believe life can do nothing but get better in 2009. I vow to follow the creed better myself starting today.

The Optimist's Creed by Christian D. Larson
 PROMISE YOURSELF:


To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect
only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are
about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater
achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living
creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no
time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear;
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not
in loud words but in great deeds.

To live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as
you are true to the best that is in you.

by Christian D. Larson, 1912

There is such pure genius here I do not want to muddle it with my own words.  It seems so obvious and so true to me.  I hope you gained something from it.

May We All Be Blessed!
Chris

No comments: