Saturday, December 20, 2008

Push The Dream Envelope

Hello Everyone!

I continue to be amazed by the wonderful messages I am receiving from people from my past.  It warms my heart to reconnect.  Thank you my Herrick Spartans and DGN Trojans!

I had planned to write about different topics today but life had a different idea.  I have had problems with some of my new software that has left me rest challenged at the moment.  I apologize to my friends at fiftypeopleonequestion.com because I wanted to write about their new work today but I lack the mental agility at the moment.  Please follow the link on the side panel and check out their new Brooklyn video!  Their films connect with me on such a high level and must be seen by a wider audience.

I know the only way for a bad day to exist is if someone allows it to happen.  Things out of a person's control can go wrong but that person has the final say in what mood results.  I have reached the point in my life where I refuse to have a bad day.

I have had many people ask me to my face "Is this kid for real?"  Many people assume that my friendly disposition is false posturing but I strive to speak nothing but the truth.  When I was in a recent car accident  I said I had a good day because there was not a scratch on me and the damage to my car was relatively minor.  It's all about perspective!

Some of the biggest disappointments of my life occurred this summer.  I might not of had a bad day but I sure did have bad moments, hours and nights.  For my dreams to come true I have to wait for another four years and wait in God's time as other aspects of my journey get figured out.  I tried my hardest to send out positive energy during the day and let the tears flow at night. Am I proud of it? No, but we are human beings, we work on emotions not binary code.

Once I figure out how to deal with the bigger disappointments in life I promise to share what I learn but for now I feel pretty useless on topic.

Even though I haven't figured out the big stuff, I refuse to let small stuff get me down.  Yesterday I lost my A B C or D? post and had to retype it.  Sure I lost some sleep but I owe it to you and myself to go after my dream.  When I went to workout this morning I forgot my rugby gloves.  Did I let it stop me?  Heck no.  I used my winter gloves instead.  Did I scuff up my gloves and look silly in the process?  You bet, but at the end of the day I got my workout in.

In many people's eyes lack of sleep and working out in winter clothes is pretty ridiculous but in my eyes I was pushing the dream envelope.  I am one story closer to my book deal and one step closer to London 2012.

I challenge everyone to push the dream envelope!  I wish I could be more helpful in solving the big stuff but the negative energy melts for me when I plant good in the world by helping someone with a favor or write a friendly email.  No matter what mood you find yourself in today have the courage and fortitude to plant a friendly acorn because someday your mighty dream oak will stand tall!

Thanks for reading.
Chris 

No comments: