Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Boxing Day!

Today in many places throughout the world December 26 is known  as Boxing Day. The general idea is to box up things you no longer need and give them to the less fortunate. I think this is a wonderful idea and the spirit should be adopted every single day.

Of course there is logic that some are more fortunate than others,  but I believe we all have our needs that only others can provide. Someone who has a large amount of monetary resources can still be broke inside.  Please do not get caught up that giving has to involve tangible items. 

If  you give your ears for listening or your mouth for a friendly greeting  you can start a trickle-down effect that cannot be measured. Who knows? That friendly greeting to a busboy could lead to increased productivity which then leads to a promotion. Never underestimate your own ability to give.

 I know I constantly question my own talents, but I also know I carry sunshine with me wherever I go and whatever the weather is outside. There is no talent involved whatsoever.   I simply  have a smile on my face and a willingness to say hello to whom ever I come across.

Please get ready to give today and everyday.   There are no boxes necessary!

May we all be blessed today and everyday!
Chris

No comments: