Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Highway 31 Theory

Anytime I look out the front window of my apartment Highway 31 is staring me in the face.

The way the road is set up the speed limit is 40 mph with people occasionally going 50 to 55 mph.

On more than one occasion I have had a conversation with one of the ladies down the hall that it is extremely intimidating to look at the highway all day. All the cars seem to be going so fast while we are standing still in our apartments.

A couple weeks ago I was sitting at the red light waiting to make my left-hand turn onto the highway. I felt myself getting apprehensive looking at all the cars whizz by while I was waiting for the light to change.

But you know what happened? When the light turned green I was able to drive safely to my desired location.

The moral of the story is simple, if you find yourself sitting at a red light in life just be patient and have faith that you have everything you need to get where you want to go. Sometimes we sit at the stoplight longer than we would like but it will always turn green eventually. Keep faith and do not get intimidated by a long red light or a bumpy road.

Go where you want to go!

Thanks for reading
Chris

No comments: